Java cannot be verified in Windows 7 IE 10

I have confirmed I have Java 7 Update 45 through the Control Panel.  I have tried to Verify and keep getting the message "We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser."  I have restarted my internet browser, tried to verify and got the same message.  I am using internet explorer 10.  I checked Tools/Internet Options/Security Tab/Custom Level/Scripting of Java Applets/Enable radio button is checked ... still unverified.  When I go into the Java Control Panel, About Java shows I have Version 6, Update 6 (build 1.6.0_06-b02) ... why?  When I pull up the About Java program, it shows I have Version 7 Update 45.  In Programs, Java Control Panel, Security, the Enable Java content in the browser is checked.  In Security, the level is at the recommended High.  I have tried reinstalling Java and get the message Java is already installed but I have reinstalled manually anyway.  Again, when I try to verify, I get the same response.  In the Java Control Panel, Temporary File Settings, I deleted the Trace and Log Files and Cached Applications and Applets.  I tried to Verify again and still get the same response.  My Norton 360 allows Java.  In the Java Control Panel/Network Settings, Use browser settings is checked. 

I am at a complete loss.  Can anyone help me get Java verified?  Many thanks for any help. 

Hi,

I´m having exactly the same problem, but with Windows 8 !?! 

Any clues about this issue !?

Best Regards

Nuno Gonçalves

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Try uninstalling Java with this tool. It will remove old versions as well.

Then reinstall

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml

Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lead3,

Thanks for your help, but i have done that and the Java Tool also have problems recognizing the Java app !!? It doesn't show any info on the unistall window !?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2018 Views 795 Applies to: