Japanese - Windows Display Language

Hello.

As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have nothing to do with it as they're already helping enough by having a Japanese option, but just to make sure I'm not missing on anything, I ask:

Is there any way or a known software to make the kanjis shown on the Windows system to also show the Furigana above them?

(Furigana is the reading of the kanji characters in hiragana, which is one of the two writing systems of the Kana system. It's pretty much how the Japanese natives read the Chinese "words" kanji)

Thank you in advance

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, Furigana, which is basically a reading aid for the pronunciation of the Japanese characters, is currently unavailable as a default feature of Windows 10. You may check the Microsoft store or your preferred web browser to see there is an application that fits your requirement.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

We commend you for reaching out to us with this requirement. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a Feedback Hub for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2019 Views 80 Applies to: