issues with windows 10 constantly crashing

hi all, so ive had some issues with windows 10 lately :(. basically when im sitting working away in various programs then all of a sudden it will become unresponsive followed by a black screen then eventually restarts, all my drivers are up to date. ive done a scan disc to check for errors and comes back with no errors, i have no idea whats happening. i can be sitting watching a tv series in vlc, working in unreal engine, making a 3D model in maya or playing a game like cs:go (counter strike: global offensive). the computer just seems to freeze.

my System Info can be viewed here might be helpful.

my log from the Error Checking

after the crash i went into my event view to see what causing the crashes and it was displaying this error

After downloading BlueScreenView i was able to open the dump file which showed this

ive tried swapping out my SSD drive,
taking all my memory out and leaving 1 stick in at a time
reinstalling / reseting windows 10
resetting the bios to default settings

and still continues to crash :/ however after installing a fresh windows 7 install it stopped crashing. which leads me to believe its a issue with windows 10 but it could also be a hardware issue

please can someone help me figure out whats wrong

thanks

Hello,

Continuous system crashing can happen due to several reasons ranging from incorrect drivers for the installed devices or incompatible peripheral accessories. This can also indicate a hardware failure and a possible memory corruption. For us to effectively assist you in rectifying this situation and to ensure that we have not missed on anything, may we know if you've already done all of the listed steps on this article: Troubleshoot blue screen errors?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there. So I've already done all the steps in the mentioned post. The computer doesnt crash during safe mode, Windows 10 is up to date, i only have Windows defender Installed all my drivers and firmware are up to date. I've ran a diagnostics scan on all my components and they all showed no errors. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for letting us know about this and we truly appreciate all your efforts. At this moment, we highly recommend updating your BIOS from the computer manufacturer's website to check if you have the latest version. This helps maintain the stability of your system and will also increase the security and will try to protect the system from any vulnerability.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. Thus, it is advisable to consult your hardware manufacturer for more instructions on how to accomplish this.

If doing this did not yield any positive results, it is highly recommended to perform a clean installation by using the new Fresh Start feature. Ensure that you have a backup of your files and folders using any storage devices. This method will help you download the appropriate Windows 10 installation files for your system by creating an installation DVD or flash drive. See the Install a clean version of Windows 10 section of this article: Track your device and performance health in Windows Defender for some of the important points and tips on doing a fresh start or a clean installation of your Windows operating system.

We'll be waiting here for the update and result of your troubleshooting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi there, thanks for getting back to me.

ive installed the latest bios drivers. and the windows 10 is freshly installed recently before i made the post. however i installed windows 7 then fully updated it before installing windows 10. after getting windows 10 installed i installed the program for my keyboard and mouse and it continued to crash after having windows 10 installed for less than 30mins, i uninstalled the application and it seemed to stop the crashes, more testing still needs to be done, but i think the application was causing compatibility issues with windows 10.

since doing this i done a health check in windows defenderand came back clean

ill post back in a few days after i do more testing.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate all your efforts in attempting to get this resolved. It's a great relief that the crashing issue have somehow stopped after performing some series of troubleshooting.

We'll be here anytime and do not hesitate to post back if more help is needed.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2024 Views 19,586 Applies to: