Issue in Windows Defender Security Center after upgrading to Microsoft April update 2018 version 1803

Hello My name is Ajith , i have recently upgraded to Microsoft's April update version 1803 and after the update I have been experiencing a little bit of issues in windows defender security center under "Device Security"  section in Security Processor Troubleshooting , I love everything about Microsoft and I am type of person who looks for every inch in the Software, Hardware, Device Drivers and Operating system for perfection and I don't really like to have some error stuffs coming up in the screen like this in this picture " Error messages". I am done browsing looking for a proper solution to resolve my issue and which is why I have come straight to Microsoft Community to ask about this. This is my first time to ask a technical help in this Microsoft community hope you won't disappoint me .

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Ajith. you may want to review the info here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt7...

Do you meet the requirements to even use Attestation?

You need :

Client devices running Win10
Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 with Device Health Attestation enabled
TPM 2 enabled
Unblock communication between Configuration Manager client agent and has.spserv.microsoft.com (port 443) Health Attestation service
Patience is a virtue

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Ajith. you may want to review the info here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt7...

You need :

TPM 2 enabled
Unblock communication between Configuration Manager client agent and has.spserv.microsoft.com (port 443) Health Attestation service
Hi thanks for responding so quick Zackary, I don't even know what this Attestation is all about and I even don't know about why this TPM is asking me to clear the TPM and it all looks new to me because I haven't come across such issues,  and please for God Sake suggest me a way to solve this is issue , I don't want these stuffs coming up in my screen like this, I was so excited about this April update but look how things have gone its been a month I have been browsing all over the internet for an answer but the only thing I ended up getting was nothing, disappointment. Please Zackary understand me my computer is my love and I don't want these kind of errors coming up , please find me a way to solve this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You need :

TPM 2 enabled
My Device Specification and sorry for the inconvenience I forgot to add this photo in the previous reply

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically all you should have to do is backup your data and reset the TPM. The first error message isn't really an error message and is just telling you that you can't use attestation on that pc. Which is fine.

I suggest creating a recovery point and then clearing tpm and restart your PC and see if it works.

If not, you may want to contact Microsoft directly.

You can Chat with Microsoft Support here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Talk to Microsoft via Telephone here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/405170...

You can also use their virtual agent here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/vir...

I hope this helps.
Patience is a virtue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically all you should have to do is backup your data and reset the TPM. The first error message isn't really an error message and is just telling you that you can't use attestation on that pc. Which is fine.

I suggest creating a recovery point and then clearing tpm and restart your PC and see if it works.

If not, you may want to contact Microsoft directly.

You can Chat with Microsoft Support here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Talk to Microsoft via Telephone here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/405170...

You can also use their virtual agent here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/vir...

I hope this helps.
Oh my God , what is happening here , I have done as you said I cleared the TPM and now look what I have got now the error got into Device and Performance tab saying that "Trusted Platform Module 2.0 has a driver problem" seriously what is happening here and now even this security processor option is gone as you can see.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello My name is Ajith , i have recently upgraded to Microsoft's April update version 1803 and after the update I have been experiencing a little bit of issues in windows defender security center under "Device Security"  section in Security Processor Troubleshooting , I love everything about Microsoft and I am type of person who looks for every inch in the Software, Hardware, Device Drivers and Operating system for perfection and I don't really like to have some error stuffs coming up in the screen like this in this picture " Error messages". I am done browsing looking for a proper solution to resolve my issue and which is why I have come straight to Microsoft Community to ask about this. This is my first time to ask a technical help in this Microsoft community hope you won't disappoint me .
why defender required to update it many times per week

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. Find your latest BIOS version and update it. This usually will be located at your manufacturers website.

This is a risky step but I believe it should fix any TPM errors :) It really is not a huge issue I promise
Patience is a virtue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First of all thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much Zackary for finding me a proper solution , I would worship you If I get a chance , thank you very much and  I have already had the latest bios version but even though I updated my bios from my manufacturer's website as you said , and hopefully the TPM error message is gone as you can see , and lastly please promise me this error message  regarding Health Attestation is not an error and make me understand what this message really says, and I promise this Is my last question and am sorry I have been asking too many questions regarding a single issue , please Zackary this is my last question , am waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.

That isn't particularly an error message. It is just stating that YOU can't use "attestation" which is an extremely complicated thing and you probably would not even want it anyway.

So it is not an error and will not cause any issues I am sure of it.
Patience is a virtue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh my God why is this happening to me , I thought everything was back to normal but now after I turned on my PC again after shutting it down now it all came back , I am pissed off man :( :( , should I better leave these two messages as it is and if I do so will it cause any problem to my computer ? please help me man :( :( :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 30, 2022 Views 1,343 Applies to: