Is windows 10 upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro free?

I was thinking about upgrading to  Win 10 Pro for my own personal reasons and I can't seem to get an answer to how much it will cost me if anything at all. It worries me that when I go to the store I get this:

As far as I could see on the entire page in the store there is no price listed.  It does however tell me to close all my files to start the upgrade.  Is there a price or is it free?

Hi,

· What happens exactly when you go to the store and click on “Get Started”? does it show the cost of Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the below article on “Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/upgrade-windows-10-pro

Also you may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-pro/a5452511-78f1-492e-ae9a-a096001dda10

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When I clicked the button it asked if I had finished saving all my open files and if I had closed any active programs.  The next button said start update so I didn't do it and contacted the chat support.  They informed me it was $99.99 which I was ok with I've just been quite frustrated with any form of support windows has offered for their free operating system.  This isn't my first rodeo with trying to get clear answers for issue with win10. 

Either way thanks for your reply

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2018 Views 102 Applies to: