Is Tweaking.com tool effective and safe?

*Original Title: Any experience with Tweaking.com?

This freeware Windows repair program was recommended to me by the tech support person at HP. For some reason I am skeptical about it, and wonder if anyone here has experience with it. Is it effective and, most importantly, is it SAFE?

Answer
Answer

Regarding Tweaking.com

All tweaking.com does is to use built in tools, from Microsoft, that few know about

and perform repairs.

The most effective tool is the recovery to check for corrupted System, OS.

SFC.exe  along with some other tools.

It is built into the Win 7~10 OS and can be accessed but few know about it.

It must be run as administrator and can take up to 20 minutes to run.

It works great and you don't need tweaking.com to run the tool.

Tweaking.com simply is a batch program to run a series of Microsoft built in tools

to do repairs that can be done anyway by technicians who know about the tools

Microsoft provides.

Next, some claim to call MS. I really question that the actual company "Microsoft" was reached.

I get calls all regularly claiming to be MS.  They are scammers claiming to be MS.

I have never heard of Microsoft doing Remote installations.

I would never allow anyone, any corporation remote access to my computer. Too risky.

I would only allow someone I personally knew and met.  Even then, I doubt I would allow

someone other than myself remote access to my computer.

In these days of online banking, it is just too risky.

I had a friend who had a computer. She knew it was running slow. I looked at the computer.

It was setup and a remote server to process fraudulent computer transactions in Asia and Russia.

It took me days to get her computer cleaned up and locked down.  It is just too risky to allow anyone

remote access to your computer.  Instead of remote access, take your computer to Frys Electronics,

Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. where you can trust someone and know that if they install

any remote access software, keyboard loggers, Trojan, etc,  you can file a law suit. 

Use some common sense and be profoundly paranoid about letting anyone have remote access to your computer.

238 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 35,758 Applies to: