Is SecurityHealthHost.exe safe or malicious?

This is really weird. First, when browsing the internet, Kaspersky detects a potentially malicious script on a website (the yellow triangle icon), then a few minutes later, without me doing anything, Kaspersky randomly added "SecurityHealthHost.exe" to the Trusted Apps Group, saying by virtue of it being signed by Microsoft.

I've not heard of "SecurityHealthHost.exe" before. I've heard of "SecurityHealthService.exe" but not this... and none of my other computers have that file on it... just this one. It's located in the System32 directory.

However, Kaspersky Total Security, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, RogueKiller, and TDSSKilller are coming up blank. I'm in Safe Mode and about to run CCleaner, but if anyone has any ideas... I'd appreciate it. If this isn't a virus/malware and I'm just spinning my wheels over a false positive, I'd like to know.

I think what keeps confusing me, and the reason I'm not 100% sure it's not a virus, is that people on other forums keep mentioning "SecurityHealthService.exe" when it's "SecurityHealthHost.exe" I'm concerned about. I'm confused as to why there is so little information on SecurityHealthHost.exe out there, and the few Google Searches show it as being kinda-maybe malicious. No one seems sure, and that is what is confusing me. Why is there so little information on it? And why do some people have it in their System32 and some don't?

I guess I just want someone who understands that module to confirm that SecurityHealthHost.exe is a legitimate process. If anyone could do that, could provide an explanation, I'd feel so much better.

Answer
Answer
Hi Christian

Rest assured SecurityHealthHost.exe is a legitimate Windows process and will not harm your PC

If you Google any process, you will always find websites claiming the process is malware, and will invariably try to sell you anti-malware software or ask you to download a 'Fix' for the non-existent malware . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 11,140 Applies to: