Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?

I was obliged to bring my desktop in to a computer tech repair shop for an unrelated matter. They dealt with the matter effectively but after a few weeks I realized that "my pictures" and "my documents" had been defaulted by Windows to OneDrive. Without any action from me they were moved from my default location on my D Drive (HDD) to my C Drive (SSD) and the Cloud under OneDrive. When I tried to correct the issue Windows refused to allow me to move my files back to my chosen location that had been working fine for over two years. This had a cascading effect on my programs (e.g. Lightroom Classic) that can no longer locate its catalogue for backup and retrieval. After losing about 6 hours trying to rectify this problem myself I am obliged to bring the machine back to the shop that helped me in the first place. I have been using Microsoft products since the company began operating and this is by far the worst, most useless, most frustrating and most invasive product I have ever seen the company force upon us. I had a similar issue with this junk last year when I set up a laptop, but because it was a secondary machine and I was not moving over my primary files to it I was able to disable OneDrive with a minimum of frustration; but it still took me considerable time and effort to accomplish. I don't need an answer to this post, but I just wanted to add my voice to the very long list of people who are apparently as disgusted as I am with this product. If Microsoft did not have such a stranglehold on the OS world for those of us who do not like Apple I would walk away from Windows and the company in a heartbeat over this disaster.

|

Hello. There is also a Samsung Tablet Ultra with 1TB option With Keyboard. Something to Test when holliday shopping. The OS to choose from is Linux /Apple / Windows / android / chromebook .

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just want to vote this up. My company moved to One Drive, it is the worst user experience I have ever seen. As a SW development Project Manager, I can tell you it is the most frustrating sw experience ever. I have put in a equipment request for an Apple. F*&K that one drive piece of ****

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OneDrive is one of the most invasive, annoying, terrible ideas in programming history. It negatively affects more people than any other software I know of. I would consider OneDrive to be a virus.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Coimpletely agree worst software ever invented. I can't get rid of it, it has loads of issues with getting rid of accounts and getting confused between them. Loses files, won't delete files, defaults to it every update. Really, really annoying and totally un trustworthy!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OneDrive is easily one of the most frustrating products that can't achieve anything even near parity with Dropbox or Google Drive. Every time I need to share a file or folder, I can't. I try manually starting OneDrive (shouldn't have to) and half the time it can't properly load. I've shared links with colleagues for important content related to projects that they can't access. I have no way of knowing what's actually synced. I cannot believe this is a prime time product available to use on the market.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes and by far the worst customer service. Two and a half months and I am still waiting for them to un disable my files.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problems, Don’t get it.

It’s a useless product for a single user, I can see advantages for businesses with a lot of people and users, but not for a single user.

Come on MS get real and allow a single user option, but it’s not necessary!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don’t worry five months later magically it will come back. They’re not gonna send you an email or a text to let you know it came back but yeah, six months on it suddenly came back. Truly, the worst customer service of any company in the country.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 294 Applies to: