Is it possible to delete the tracking cookie?

I would like to know if it is possible to delete the tracking cookie? If so, how?

<Original title: tracking cookie>

Answer
Answer

Hi Angel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As I have understood, you would like to know if it is possible to delete the tracking cookies on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would like to perform the following steps and check if that helps.

Delete all currently saved cookies from your computer. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options and then click the Delete Cookies button on the General tab. In Firefox 1.0, click Tools, Options. Click the Privacy icon in the sidebar and then click the Clear button to the right of the Cookies heading.

Specify that you want to block all third-party cookies. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options. On the Privacy tab, click Advanced. Click to select the Override automatic cookie handling check box, and then click Block under the Third-party Cookies heading. In Firefox 1.0, click Tools, Options. Click the Privacy icon in the sidebar and then click the plus sign to the left of the Cookies heading to expand your list of options. Click to select both options: Allow sites to set cookies and for the originating web site only.

Or you may also try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Delete cookies with Internet Explorer

Open Internet Explorer on your screen and click the Tools tab. From there, choose Safety, then Delete browsing history. Finally, choose the Cookies box and click Delete.

Delete cookies with Firefox

Open Firefox on your screen and click Tools. Then select Options, and from there, click on Privacy. Click on the View Cookies button, and select the cookies from the list that you want to delete. If you want to block the cookies in addition to deleting them, check the box next to "Don't allow sites that set removed cookies to set future cookies."

Delete cookies with Chrome

Open Chrome and click Tools, then Options, then Under the Hood. Then select Privacy and click Show Cookies. From there, you can select specific cookies to delete, or you can choose the option Remove All to delete all cookies.

For reference:

You may also refer to the articles given below and check if that helps.

Delete and manage cookies

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11

Cookies: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cookies-faq#1TC=windows-7

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by “technocrate” replied on April 19, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/remove-cookies-windows-7/6142f0f5-1590-4813-9817-cd7147dce7a2

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Regards
Jayant Gupta - Microsoft Support Engineer

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2024 Views 723 Applies to: