Is it necessary to turn on the security center and the security center service on Windows 7?

I'm using the McAfee freeby from AOL

Original title : I keep getting notified to "turn on windows securtiy" I have Mcafee installed that does the security part. Why does Windows 7 still want me to turn on their security center service?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community Forums.

The Security center (Action Center) sends prompts and lets us know if there are any security threats on the computer. You have an issue with receiving prompts to turn on the Windows Security. It can be difficult when something that is important to you does not work as expected. It is pretty simple and we are here to help you fix the issue. We will work as a team and get this sorted out.

Please answer these questions-

1)   What is the exact message?

2)   Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

I would like more information regarding the issue.

Action Center replaces Windows Security Center in Windows 7. Action center can help enhance your computer's security by checking the status of several security essentials on your computer, including firewall settings, Windows automatic updating, anti-malware software settings, Internet security settings, and User Account Control settings. If Windows detects a problem with any of these security essentials (for example, if your antivirus program is out of date), Action Center displays a notification and places an Action Center icon in the notification area. Click the notification to open and get information about how to fix the problem.

Method –

I would have you perform the steps to turn on the security center service.

Refer the steps-

a)   Click on “Start”, type “services.msc” (without the quotes) and hit “Enter”.

b)   Now, locate the “Security center service” in the list.

c)   Right Click on the service and select “Start”.

Additionally, refer the article-

How does Action Center check for problems?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-does-Action-Center-check-for-problems

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence and provide our customers with the best support.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2020 Views 1,457 Applies to: