Is anyone else having 5, 6, or more ads show up between games in Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games?

I have played Microsoft Solitaire for well over 20 years, patiently waiting through the ads once they became part of the game. But in the last few months I have had periods (like tonight) where the program will give me 5 or 6 ads in a row, without a single game. I know when this is going to happen because, at the end of the ad, the cursor stays as an arrow, and does not change to a hand. When you click the X with the cursor arrow, it takes you back to the screen where you say if you want to play again or not, and when you click yes it takes you to another ad. Over and over and over. I am to the point that I am ready to quit the game all together. Certainly, with all of the years of experience in programming that Microsoft has, they're better than this.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Steve, I am John J.D., a fellow Microsoft user like you.

I understand your frustration. As someone who also enjoys playing Microsoft Solitaire regularly, I can relate to how frustrating it must be to deal with numerous ads interrupting your gaming experience.

Unfortunately, we are all users here, and the community is public. Microsoft employees rarely visit. To make sure your feedback is rightly heard, please provide feedback directly to the Microsoft team using the Feedback Hub. Just press the Windows + F key.

You can also report the issue to Microsoft Casual Games support by opening a ticket using this link: https://microsoftcasualgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-...

Should you need any further information, please let me know.

John J.D.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, John. I appreciate knowing where to turn.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad that I could help you today, Steve!

John J.D.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I too am becoming increasingly frustrated. I can remember when windows began and solitaire was a free tool to teach the use of the new fangled hardware called a mouse. Now it just begs the question how much money does good ol' Bill need from us poor old pensioners.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I have the same issue, mostly in Spider Solitaire. Before today, I would sometimes get back-to-back ads, but starting today, I am getting 5 or MORE consecutive ads. Even when I close the app and go back in, or switch to another game and return to Spider Solitaire, the ads just keep coming. GRRRRRRRR

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just had 12 ads in a row. It's ridiculous.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did follow John's advice and reported the issue to Microsoft, but no word back yet. Maybe if everyone who is having the same problem tells them too, they'll look into it a little more quickly.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

SAME PROBLEM ADS AND ADS AND ADS AND ADS AND ADS IN THE SOLITARY GAMES.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am seeing a video or ad pop up while playing that is an hour long.I have cleared my cookies and history cache. Also cleared online in Microsoft account. I have checked for rootkits, this is driving me crazy as I cannot find anyone else that is reporting this After I clear my cach I don't see it for a while but then it comes back. I have run both defender and malwarebytes and nothing comes up so I can only conclude that it is an ad being shoved at me. This has been happening for around a month. I do the daily games for rewards for charity donations. After I play the daily games I like o play the new bubble shooter game and this game is where the 1 hour long ad seems to try to play the most. Sometimes I must just quit playing. I am also seeing an increasing number of ads in between each hand., but this hour long ad is just too much and if this keeps up I will have to stop with playing games .The ads are also not closing like they used to. When you hit the X after they are done , it is doing a 3 second countdown and then another x pops up. Ah well maybe it is time to move on from windows altogether. All I want to do anymore is check email and play a a few games for rewards points to donate to charity, but maybe I will need to start using all my reward points to pay for game pass instead.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems to be getting worse. Endless loop of adds. Looking for other free games. Any advice?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 30, 2024 Views 1,554 Applies to: