INVALED PUBLIC KEY SECURITY OBJECT FILE error on Startup in Windows 10

Old title: Invalid public key

Hey

I've been getting a pop-up that reads like this; Header; "INVALED PUBLIC KEY SECURITY OBJECT FILE".

Body; FILE HAS PASSWORD PROTECTED CERTIFICATES FOR 

THE FOLLOWING: "PERSONAL INFORMATION 

EXCHANGE", there is a botton in the pop-up that reads "OK". I don't know if this is a request or a statement. The pop-up comes up at "start-up", and then with every program thats started. It goes away when I press "X" or "OK". The only trouble I'm aware of is staying connected to the internet and not being able to buy "some" things in the windows store. I know I need to address something but I don't have a clue as to what. Can someone please point the way?

THANKX

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you're going through.

Did you made any changes to your PC?

Is your PC running with any third-party Antivirus?

From when this started to happen?

What are all programs set to Startup?

If this started to happen after installing some application or game or browser add-on, then it might be the reason for this error. In simple unsuccessful installation or a protected file of that particular application causing this problem. Suggest you to uninstall that particular thing complete and then reinstall it to see if works fine. If you're not sure which is causing this issue, then you can perform Clean Boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program. Follow the below mentioned steps to perform Clean Boot:

a. Press Windows Key, type msconfig in the search box, and hit Enter.

b. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.

c. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

d. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

e. Close Task Manager.

f. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Now see if the error continues to appear.

If a service is causing issue, I suggest you turn on 5 services at a time, reboot and then see if the problem reappears, keep repeating this until you find a group of 5 services, which are causing this issue, then check the one by one, till you find the one which is causing your issue. Perform the same divide and apply for Startup's too.

Refer the below article on "How to Perform Clean Boot". As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article.

Keep us posted the outcome.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 10,110 Applies to: