Internet stops working at a certain time every day

This has been an ongoing problem which is getting so much worse, the problem is that for the most part my Internet stops working at about 7:00 pm every night. And when the problems start they don't stop for 2 1/2 to three hours, as a matter of fact it took almost two hours to get to this point. It used to 'stop working' from about 8:00 to 9:30 pm every night, now it goes from 7:00 to almost 10:00 pm every night.

I can get on the Internet but can't do much of anything, no sites load, keep getting error messages and for the most part everything is unresponsive. Have run so many scans, run CCleaner, keep closing and opening the Internet, restart the computer which is an HP 2000 Notebook using 8.1, none of the actions have much of an effect. It's really just a waiting game as sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 pm the Internet goes back to performing fine. It's with any browser I may use, Chrome has the most problems but Firefox and IE are also mostly unusable during that time frame.

At first I thought that someone may be stealing my connection but there's just one neighbor who could but there's no one at home during that time, actually don't even think they have a computer. But there's also someone else in my household and they have zero problems with the Internet during that time frame, works perfectly fine for them. Guess the question(s) are why is this happening just during that time frame, actually right now things seem back to normal but where I am it's close to 10:00 pm which is when the Internet goes back to operating as it should. Not that I'm on it for 24 hours but there's never been problems at any other time of the day, any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix it? Thanks if anyone out there can help.

Have same problem. Working internet connection but browsers don't load pages randomly. Although at any time of day. Running Windows 10 on brand new machine. Actually second machine - returned the first one thinking it was a hardware incompatibility problem. Have spent hours online with MS tech connected to my computer, and still have not resolved problem. Error is "Can't Load website" or "can't find page". Have tried 4 different browsers, reset windsock, proxy settings, temp files etc. Would really like some help!

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you to Microsoft for helping me out, I do have a major problem but guess the little people are not worth your time. If no one knew how to fix it someone could have said that or if you needed more details could have given you some. But to be passed over for no reason is unacceptable, up until now have always had one of your computers and other products but looks like that will have to change. If I do need a new computer then hope your competitors will have a better product and be more helpful which would be impossible not to do seeing as how people here just pick and choose who they want to help. Thanks again for your timely response and help with my problem.

Edit- Sorry if I sounded mean but I am quite upset, after five days any kind of response should have been done even one saying you couldn't solve the issue.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this problem too. So first off it started with only some websites working and the other ones not working. Then after about let's see... literally a day later I had no hope and I restarted my laptop one more time after I don't even know how many times I tried. The websites worked... wait. It was extremely glitchy and horrible and some websites still didn't work at all. Come on Microsoft employee respond! We need your help.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

There are two possible issues with it, One possibility is that you may need to go to the manufacturer's Support website to download a newer version of your network device. Open up the Device Manager in the Control Panel and look for 'Network Adapters'. Click on the arrow next to it on the left to show your network device and check the driver version by right clicking on it, Select 'Properties'. At the top, there are tabs. Click on the 'Drivers' tab. This will show you the driver version and what company provided it. Then go to the manufacturer's Support website to check for a newer version. If so, download it and save it. Uninstall your current driver first before you install the newer version. The second possibility is, do the same as above to get to your network device in the Device Manager, then right click on it and select Properties. A box will pop up. At the top, there are tabs. Click on 'Advanced' tab. You will see the Property list. Click on 'Link Speed & Duplex. Under 'Value' on the right side, select '100 Mbps/Full Duplex' then click on the 'Ok' button. The default is usually at 'Auto Detect', but you want to increase your network speed to 100 Mbps at Full Duplex. Thus, you should have strong network connection. This works for both wired and wireless connections. Both network devices are in the Device Manager under 'Network Adapters'. 

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 31,714 Applies to: