Intel(R) Wireless Ac9560 160mhz always stop working!

Hi, I have a big problem with my Wireless Driver. A few days ago the driver suddenly stopped working and I didn't know what to do.
I tried everything: Disabling and enabling the Driver, Disinstalling the driver then restarting my computer, updating my driver and even system restoring my computer... but after 2 hours of searching on internet, I saw that people force shutdown windows and the driver works again, I tried that and finally it worked. 

After only one day, the problem is back again. If I shutdown my computer or it goes in sleep mode the driver dies... I don't know what to do, Please I really need help!!!

I have an Asus laptop, windows 10 and the name of the driver is Intel(R) Wireless Ac9560 160mhz

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Jan an independent Microsoft Advisor and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Method 1`
Open "Device Manager"
Expand "Network Adapter"
Right-Click on your Wifi device
Select Properties
then go to Power Management Tab
Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Then click ok
Then Restart

Method 2
Press Windows key
Search "edit Power Plan"
Click on "Change advanced power settings"
Expand "Wireless Adapter Settings"
Power saving mode
Update both to Battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance"

Manually update your Network drivers
Download the latest drivers form the Manufacturer's site and install.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Jan an independent Microsoft Advisor and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Method 1`
Open "Device Manager"
Expand "Network Adapter"
Select Properties
Then click ok
Then Restart

Method 2
Press Windows key
Search "edit Power Plan"
Power saving mode

Hi, sorry for not replying, but I had to check if these solutions have solved the problem. I think the problem didn't solve tho. The method number 2 was already there in my computer, but number 1 wasn't, so after I changed that, for 1 or 2 days my driver have been running without any problems, but the problem returned yesterday... After I shutdown and then unplug my pc (for example when I go to sleep), my battery runs out to 20% or a little more, so when I come back the driver has got code 10 problem again!
I don't really know what to do...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Method 1`
Open "Device Manager"
Expand "Network Adapter"
Select Properties
Then click ok
Then Restart

Method 2
Press Windows key
Search "edit Power Plan"
Power saving mode

sorry sir the problem is automatically driver not working and sometimes its regain to working wt happen I cant understand plz help me

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Method 1`
Open "Device Manager"
Expand "Network Adapter"
Select Properties
Then click ok
Then Restart

Method 2
Press Windows key
Search "edit Power Plan"
Power saving mode

sorry sir the problem is automatically driver not working and sometimes its regain to working wt happen I cant understand plz help me

Pls help me it is not able to solve my problem

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi My name is Ehsan.

I have the same issue my wireless AC9560 160MHz is not working.

I have reinstall the driver, re install the windows , update the bios and do every things but it is not working and get the code 10 error, below image. I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen,windows 10 Pro.

I have checked the above solution but in my device properties there is no any power management Tab, even I have checked the 2nd solution but there is not any wireless adapter setting in edit power plan.

could you help me what should I do? 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have the same/similar problem.  The error I get is:

"Problems found.

The Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz adaptor is experiencing 

driver- or hardware-related problems"

The system is a Asus harman/kardon model running Windows 10.  

I don't know if the chip has failed or if the auto update broke the driver for the wifi.

I followed the instructions above only to discover that some of the options not present.

Any further suggestions would be welcome.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My answer to this is that the update prior to Windows10 Upgrade 9252 caused this issue. After I updated to 9252 my WiFi worked. Unfortunately, this is after I bought two ethernet cables which I had to use for a few months until I applied this update. Microsoft is rolling out updates that are causing issues instead of fixing them. I have been very frustrated with Microsoft lately and I have used Microsoft OSs since 1991.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been experiencing the exact same problem on my Dell Inspiron (14 months old) running Windows 10 for the last couple of months.  At first the wireless networks were still visible when I was connected to a docking station and I would disconnect to roam around the house.  But I could not connect to any of my wireless networks without rebooting.  With the last update or two, It does not even show the wireless networks even though multiple other devices around my house (phone, Alexa, thermostat, etc.) are connected and my girlfriends Mac connects with no problem.  I've tried all the solutions posted on this thread.  I am on the latest Windows 10 update, latest Intel drivers, same things you've all tried.  Just an error code 10 for the Intel AC9560 Wireless Adapter.  It won't start and I have zero wireless options.

Could someone from Microsoft please respond with more options to try as this seems to be a Microsoft compatibility issue introduced with recent updates?  At home it's a moderate inconvenience as I mostly work in one room with ethernet access.  But on business trips and when I'm DJing a club or wedding... it makes it a HUGE issue.  I can't stream anything, no connection..... NOTHING.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Ford

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem, same system.  ASUS harman/kardon Zenbook Flip Model Q536F.  Ongoing problem since June 2020.

Hard shutdown (pressing the power key until the machine shut down worked until yesterday (January 4, 2021).  Still get a Code 10 error.

Update: Wifi just came back on.  The last thing I did was to change the power options.  Specifically, I changed Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode to have both "On battery" and "Plugged in" set to "Maximum Performance".

I have absolutely no idea why that would have worked.  Coincidentally, I threatened to sacrifice the family dog in the hope restoring my computer.  Wife and son were not happy....

UPDATE...

The problem returned a couple of days later and I was back to driver uninstalls and hard shutdowns.  The issue seemed to be related with the time the machine was sitting idle even though I had performed the power setting changes mentioned above.

In a completely unrelated actions, I uninstalled and removed the Chrome and Firefox browsers from my computer.  Knock on wood, but I haven't had any wifi issues since.  I have no idea if there is a causative connection or just serendipity.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had already done all of that without effect. I had airplane mode on. I found out that I needed to change the power setting to turn it off. I still had no wifi. Then, I tried to delete and reinstall the driver but the newer Windows 10 updates don't allow that. You cannot delete them. Then I tried every possible troubleshooter there was. Then I tried many other things that I found online--I don't remember what they all were right now. Nothing helped until I did the last update. Then, suddenly and miraculously, my wifi was back. It has been working ever since. This is a Windows 10 issue. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 9,694 Applies to: