Intel MEI (Z97) is not working with the updated driver (11.7.0.1045)

Today Windows Update updates my Intel Management Engine Interface driver (my mobo is Asus Z97-Deluxe (NFC & WLC)) to 11.7.0.1045. Now the device cannot start. I tried to uninstall the device, disable driver updating by Group Policy and Device Installation Settings. But the new driver is installed again. So the device still cannot start. It was ok with the latest available default Asus driver (11.0.5.1189).

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I updated MEI driver to 11.7.0.1057. There was a couple of times when the device started successfully, but after a system restart it failed to start again.
I used the info tool (MEInfo) to get the status and these values are different from normal ones: CurrentState: Recovery; InitComplete: Initializing.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem here. I dissabled all updates, since from time to time the tend to just ruin your PC, still managed to install some small **** without my consent.......

Can't find any solution. Probably there isn't one, that's why they just ignore it. They did same with laptop I have. Constantly asking to update it, even when you turn it off, they will still throw full screen windows. The thing is, there isn't enough space for those updates, it is a small, compact laptop that you are supposed to use with external drive, internal drive is something like 20-30gb. So they ask to use external hdd, when you do, they say that you cannot use external one. Literally same answer was given here and eventually said to tell the developers, there's nothing they can do......What a floor wipe company this has become.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There's a solution, please check this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, i have exactly same problem with my asus z97-a ? I folowed your procedure describe on rog forom asus but still unable to flash my ME driver ? answer : unable to find ME engine ? Can you help me please ?

Tks a lot

Henry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you please provide a screenshot with the error?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Danissimo, here are my screenshots :

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try to reinstall and update MEI device firmware again by following these steps.
1. Download the necessary tools (if you haven't already).
I repacked all the needed tools (firmware update pack, MEInfo and 11.7.0.1057 driver), you can download them >> here. << Extract the archive to some not too deep folder, e. g. C:\MEI\

2. (Important!) Disconnect from the Internet by disabling the network adapter or unplugging the network cable. And don't turn it on until step 10.

3. Uninstall MEI device from Device Manager with driver removing (by checking the corresponding checkbox, see the screen).

4. Cold restart your system: turn off your computer, wait about 10 seconds, and then turn it on again.

5. After the system boots up completely (for reliability, you can wait a few minutes) сheck Device Manager: there should be no MEI device installed there, but only the Unknown device. If it's still MEI device try to repeat steps 3-4.

6. Check the MEI device state by running the following command from the MEI tools folder from step 1 (use 32 or 64 bits version depending on your system):

MEInfoWin64.exe -fwsts (MEInfoWin.exe -fwsts)

The InitComplete parameter should be Complete. If it's not try to repeat steps 4-5.

In case of Complete please don't restart your system at this step and go straight to step 7.

7. Install the 11.7.0.1057 driver: if it installs quickly (1-3 seconds) you're ok. Wait about 15 seconds and check MEI device state in Device Manager. It should be "This device is working properly". And again, don't restart your system at this step and go straight to step 8.

8. Now you can update the firmware by running the Install64.cmd as Administrator (or Install32.cmd if you are on 32 bits).

At this step if I remember correctly the system restarts by itself, it's ok.

9. After the update check MEI version by running the following command:
FWUpdLcl64 -FWVER (FWUpdLcl -FWVER in case of 32 bits)
or by running Check64.cmd (Check32.cmd). If it's 9.1.40.1000 you're good to go.

10. Restart your system to make sure. If after the restart MEI device is working properly (Device Manager), you're done :)
Now you can turn the Internet on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Danissimo, it does'nt work, step 5 after my system boots up completely i can't see in device manager Unknown device ? see screenshot :

Then when running step 6 i have got error  message 9459 .

So unable to instal correct driver ?

Sorry !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try to run "Scan for hardware changes" command from Device Manager Action menu.

And Unknown device should appear not in the System devices group but in Other devices group.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dannissimo,

I have this : Périphérique d'ancienne génération chipset LPC controller no driver ?

I check my bios : last beta version, under ME engine N/D Intel virtualisation is disabled.

Tks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2021 Views 1,542 Applies to: