Install only Halo 4 from Master Chief Collection (PC)

I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and I want to download Halo 4 (only Halo 4), because for now I am not interested in the other game and I want to save disk space.
On Windows 10, both from Xbox app and from Microsoft store, I am not able to download only Halo 4: it seems that the game forces you to install all the Master Chief Collection (110+ GB).
How can I download only a single game?
Thank you in advance.
Hello drumangel117,

thank you for providing this question.
I am an independent Windows expert and user like you and hope to resolve your problems quickly.

I took a quick search and as far as i know this is not possible.
For reasons to me unknown the MMC seems to come always bundled through the store and can't be split by deleting the others Halo's game files after the download.

If this didn't solve your problem or you need further assistance please answer in this thread and i would be happy to help.

kind regards

F. Grobusch

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Eberwurz,
Thank you for the reply. This seems a lot strange for me, because there is the possibility to buy the complete collection OR a single game, like Halo 4.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it is. But some people put a good amount of time to try to work around this issue and failed. So my assumption is that this special case to split one store product into multiple download has not been prepared and thus is not possible.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it is. But some people put a good amount of time to try to work around this issue and failed. So my assumption is that this special case to split one store product into multiple download has not been prepared and thus is not possible.

It could be... I'll do some search again and I'll reply to this thread in a few days.

Thank you for your help anyway.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I hope you have found a solution for this, but I will leave some of my observations anyway if someone else comes along for an answer. For installing any particular module of Halo from Halo MCC on PC (Steam) you can try this out.

1) Open Steam and go to Halo: The Master Chief Collection in your library.

2) Click on the settings button on the right side of the page. 

3) Now go to properties. A dialog box opens up with some options on the left had side.

4) Select the DLC option and here you will find the various modules available to download (Halo CE, Halo CE Multiplayer, Halo CE Extended Language Pack, Halo 2, Halo 2 Multiplayer.... etc). Select only the ones you need and close the dialog box.

5) Now click on the install button and the Steam client will start the download of only the modules you had selected.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ArpanSarkar2,
Thank you for your reply, but my problem is about the Xbox Game Pass with the Windows 10 Xbox application, not Steam.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I found the option for consoles and I believe this works in PC too. You can launch the game, go to Options & Career > Settings > Gameplay and then Change Installed Games. There you can pick which games you want to download, and if you want just the campaign, just the multiplayer, or both.

In consoles, you can start the game after about 2.5Gb have been downloaded. The game will lunch, you can change the settings, and then your queue will update with the weight of the things you selected only. In PC, I haven't tried to see if you can start the game before it finishes downloading. I guess in the worst case scenario, you can wait until it fully installs and then manage the games so whatever you won't play gets deleted.

Below is a link to a 2 min video I found with the steps I just mentioned.

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 18,315 Applies to: