Infected by virus, no administrator rights, windows services stopped working
This is my first post related to computer virus disinfection.
I believe I have reasonable computer knowledge and I always steer away from viruses and malware infected websites.
I have lenovo G550 system, running windows 7 professional 32 bit. But recently my computer somehow got infected with a virus/malware which have made my computer almost unusable and the only solution I can think of is the clean reinstallation of windows.
The symptoms are as follow:
1. Windows services i.e internet sharing, firewall, security essentials, system restore and windows update stopped working.
2. Even though my user account is the only administrator account, I no longer have administrative access.
3. Unable to download files through internet browsers i.e firefox, chrome, IE10. Virus check fails and the file is then deleted.
4. Cant sign in to online accounts anymore i.e Youtube, webmails, facebook, twitter. Cookies are not accepted.
5. Google chrome detects Sirefef.er virus/malware and suggests cleaning with Microsoft security essentials.
6. Can't not burn dvds error message, windows unable to complete format.
1. Thorough virus scans with AVG, Kaspersky and Malwarebytes antivirus to no avail. All failed to detect and fix problems listed above.
2. TDSSkiller scanned and seems fixed cookies issue for now.
3. System restore always fails to replace files.
Kindly suggest something to restore windows services and guide through the removal of viruses and malwares.
1 As nothing else [judging from your description] says that there is still a malware infection, check the system next:-
1.1 Check the disk - Windows explorer, Computer, C:\ drive, right-click, Tools, Error checking - Check now, select Fix faults if found, select Yes to schedule a repair, Reboot
[Running when you next reboot is what the poorly explained question about scheduling actually means]