Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night.  Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. 
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can you access a browser now or are they still not working. When you get the chance can you confirm your current version and build of Windows 10, type winver in Search and select the top result. Post a screenshot or quote the version and build numbers in full.

I'm thinking a repair install is the best way forward but you'll need access to the internet. (and need the correct version to use as repair)

Just to be sure you can also run disk check on the internal drive. open PowerShell (Admin) and enter chkdsk /r you should be prompted that it requires a restart so restart using Start > Power > Restart and allow the check. Post back the result, if it found any faults and corrected them.

There is obviously something wrong and short of a clean install it could be difficult to work out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I managed to fix mine. I had to re-install windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've seen this bug on several computers after having applied KB4574727.
It turns around that this update breaks logging on accounts that have a trailing space in their username.

If you want to be able to apply the update without losing access to your account you need to remove the trailing space from your username.
To do so press Windows + R and type netplwiz.
Then go to the properties of you account, remove the trailing space from your username, validate and reboot.

You should now be able to apply the update without triggering this annoying bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2021 Views 398 Applies to: