Inaccessible Boot Device

Hi,

I'm encountering inaccessible boot device - blue screen of death.

I've tried most of the methods but still not successful. 

When I tried DISM method, I found out that there is a package that have been installed very recently (today). I suspected that this installed package is corrupted hence, caused all this error. I tried to remove the package but I received an error message 0x80070490 Error:1168 Element not found.

Please advise if there is any other method to remove this package.

Rgds

Hi, arill88

My name is Evelyn and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Try entering Safe Mode to repair Windows.

To activate the automatic repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three or more consecutive times: use the reset or power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during startup, before you finish loading Windows 10. Yes use the power button, you may have to hold it down for at least 5 seconds to force the power off

If this does not work try the other way: force power off, press and hold the power switch for 20 seconds, then wait for ten and restart

Then you proceed to repair the computer:

With a restart, all your installed applications are lost, but you have the option to save your files if you wish. If there is an OEM system image, called a recovery partition, it also offers you the option to restore it. It would cause your PC to load to factory default settings.

Go to the Troubleshooting section, again.

Select Reset.

If you choose to keep my files, your files will be preserved. You can also get the third option: restore factory settings, which is not applicable on the PC.
After selecting the desired options, you will be presented with a confirmation, something like this: this indicates what you have chosen.
Click Reset and the reset will begin.

If after the previous steps you cannot recover Windows.

You can repair Windows download the ISO:

I recommend you borrow a PC to create a USB to repair Windows

Microsoft Official Website to download and create Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

See here the correct way to recover your files when repairing Windows:

https://www.backup-utility.com/windows-10/reins...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Evelyn for your feedback. However, I tried to fix the Windows without resetting the Windows so that my installed applications would not be lost. Is there any way to do it?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check this link, I hope it helps.

https://www.intowindows.com/repair-windows-10-i...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2023 Views 468 Applies to: