in windows photo gallery, color pics print in black and white

i just purchased an hp c4640 all in one printer, and now when i print a color picture from windows photo gallery, it prints in black and white. this printer has a desktop gadget to click and drag a photo to print, and if i do that it prints in color. i've checked my printer settings, and i'm stuck.

any help would be appreciated. thank you!

A
Answer
Answer
Hi,

This usually happens if print options or preferences are changed for your printer. To choose print options, you need to open the picture that you want to print. Most print options are located in the Print dialog box, which you can access from the File menu in the program that you're using. The options that are available to you will depend on the program and the printer that you're using.

To access some options, you might need to click on "Options" or "Advanced Options" link, button, or tab within the Print dialog box. To find out more about print options for a program, refer to the information for the program.

Print options that are determined by your printer capabilities are called printing preferences, and can include double-sided printing, separator pages, color or image quality options, and staples. Like program options, printing preferences are displayed in the Print dialog box. Look for buttons labeled "Preferences" or "Properties." You can choose preferences each time you print a picture or set default preferences to use for all the pictures that you send to a printer.

Try these steps and check out the result.
Step 1: Set default printing preferences.
1. Click to open Printers.
2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing Preferences.
3. Select the preferences you want to use by default the next time you print to the printer, and then click OK.

Step 2: Use print preview:
To see what the print copy will look like before you print it, open the picture in the Windows Photo Gallery that offers a print preview. Print preview is typically located on the File menu. You can choose print options in the preview mode, and then print directly from the preview.

To troubleshoot printer problems, download and run the Microsoft fix it and check the result.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-printer-problems

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Syed
Microsoft answers support engineer.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2024 Views 10,183 Applies to: