IMEI number for surface pro-----where is it? the setting charm does NOT have my provider---- where can I get a product key for my surface pro 8. and OFFICE 365?????

where is the IMEI for a surface pro???  where can I get a key core for office 365????
Answer
Answer

Hello Ray,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

If you’re using mobile broadband on your Surface, your mobile operator may ask you for the IMEI and SIM ICCID numbers from your SIM card.

The IMEI is the International Mobile Equipment Identity. It’s a unique number used to identify your Surface. This number can be helpful if your Surface is ever lost or stolen as mobile operators may be able to block it from accessing their network.

The SIM ICCID is a unique number that identifies your specific SIM card.

To find these numbers:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap Settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and click Settings.)
  2. Tap or click Change PC settings.
  3. Tap or click Network, tap or click Mobile broadband, and then tap or click your data provider. Information about your mobile broadband connection and SIM card is listed under Properties.

For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot provided below.

Previously till Windows  7 the product key were written at the rear side of the system but later from Windows 8 the key is no more written at the rear side of the system, it is embedded. So, the product key for Windows 8 and upper version is not mentioned anywhere. However, you may contact the manufacturer of your Surface pro and can check with them for the same.

Now if you talk about the product key for Office 365, it must be in the email which has been sent by Microsoft at the time of its purchase. You can check your email and will find it there. If by any reason the email get deleted then you may contact Microsoft Sales and Support team who might be able to pull out your records with some recognizing inputs from you.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 40,702 Applies to: