iCloud and Outlook

On a new Surfacew Pro 6, with up to date Windows 10 and up to date Office 365, when I load  the Icloud start screen, it says 'Installed version of Outlook not supported. The currently installed version of Outlook is not supported by iCloud. The Icloud Drive, Photos and Bookmarks sections all function but the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar and tasks with Outlook' section is greyed out.

I've tried installing and uninstalling outlook and icloud, checked that Windows Media is working but so far have not found a solution. Can anyone help please.

Bob

Hi Bob, I'm sorry to hear your having issues getting iCloud to work properly with Outlook when your system is up to date. I have actually run into issues before but I believe we can work through this. Apple has its own requirements when using iCloud so let's make sure they meet along with your current windows 10 and office 365. First requirement is: Windows 10 May 2019 Update or later is recommended for iCloud for Windows 10. If this is the case, what version of Outlook are you using? Apple does require Outlook 2010 - Outlook 2016.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Keeano.  I'm using Outlook from Office 365, Version1909 (build 12026, 20320 Mi9crosogt Store).

Sorry this didn't help.

iCloud only seems to work due to Apples updates with the Click to Run version and you have the Microsoft Store Version. Try installing the Outlook Click to run version and this should address the issue your having. You will still be able to login with your 365 login.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. I'm having a bit of a problem with that. I've downloaded the installer tool (but can't find it on my computer) but can find no way of downloading the click and run version of office. Please can you tell me where to find it.

All best.

Bob

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same exact problem.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bob, this should be accessible through your office 365 subscription and able to be accessed here: https://portal.office.com/OLS/mysoftware.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2020 Views 886 Applies to: