I want to know the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to resolve issues in my pc.

I want to know the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to resolve issues in windows 10 pc. Now at this moment I don't have any problem with my pc, but what if some problem arises, I can just try to resolve it by myself right? That's why I need the different types of commands which can be used in command prompt to resolve my pc's issue. Actually I got to face a lot of BSOD in my pc and within a year ( mine is a brand new pc, I was bought a year ago ) I got to reset my pc thrice.

Please someone help me out with this!!!

Hi! My name is Anderson Souza. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, I'll be glad to help you today.
There are two tools that you can use, they are "sfc" and "dism". In the following link you will see how to use then. This is from the official Microsoft Support page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/402652...

The System File Checker (SFC) tool built into Windows will scan your Windows system files for corruption or any other changes. If a file has been modified, it will automatically replace that file with the correct version. If the SFC command doesn’t work, you can also try the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command to repair the underlying Windows system image.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi! My name is Anderson Souza. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, I'll be glad to help you today.
There are two tools that you can use, they are "sfc" and "dism". In the following link you will see how to use then. This is from the official Microsoft Support page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/402652...

The System File Checker (SFC) tool built into Windows will scan your Windows system files for corruption or any other changes. If a file has been modified, it will automatically replace that file with the correct version. If the SFC command doesn’t work, you can also try the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command to repair the underlying Windows system image.

Hi Anderson S. de Souza,

Is there any other command prompt other than those mentioned above? If any please send a reply. 

Help will be appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Before you can attempt to resolve a problem, you have to know what's causing the problem in the first place, or at least have a good idea of what's causing the problem. Otherwise, how will you know what procedure(s) to follow?

The alternative, often suggested here, is to work a through a long list of generic tests that may or may not have anything to do with solving the problem, and then try to figure out what the results mean, or to throw everything at the problem that you think might work. In my view, not only is this a waste of time, you could end up making things worse. Even if you're lucky enough to hit on something that appears to work, you still won't know what caused the problem in the first place and how to prevent it from coming back.

Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts here - not if you're looking for a real solution that won't cause trouble for you down the road, like when the next update is released. You have to understand the cause of something before you can address it.

Most people hardly ever see a BSOD and never have to reset their computer. If that's something that happens to you often - as it did to me - you really have to step back and figure out 'what am I doing wrong?'

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So. These two command-line tools are the two main tools for general Windows troubleshooting. For specific problems, we would have to direct the research. However, a common problem that can occur is that the system does not start correctly. In the link below, there is a Microsoft guide for troubleshooting Windows boot problems:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client...

Another recommendation that I usually make is the periodic creation of Windows restore points, in this case, if a problem occurs you can go back in time to resolve it, this is not a command-line tool but can be useful:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402753...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 14 Applies to: