I want to change the administrator EMAIL address on Windows 11. This is impossible for me. Please help!

The issue:

• I did a fresh install of Windows 11 today.

• After signing into my profile for the first time on this fresh install, I ended up signing in with an old Outlook account that does not have a Windows 11 license attached.

• I realized my mistake after installing all my programs and migrating all my files into this older, unlicensed Outlook account.

What I want to do:

• I want to keep all my programs and documents and simply change the email on this Windows 11 account to my current email which has a Windows 11 license attached to it.

I would appreciate the help! I tried everything but can't seem to get it to work! Thanks in advance.

Hi Wasaf. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

To swap in the desired account first sign into the mistaken email account, change it to a Local Account in Settings > Accounts > Your Info > Sign in with a Local Account instead.

Let it convert to Local, restart PC and sign into Local Account, go back to same place where link will now read Sign in with a MS Account Instead, add the desired MS Account.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

112 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 41,385 Applies to: