I need to know how to report unauthorized access from unauthorized IPs from unauthorized geographical locations into my personal Microsoft Account to MICROSOFT and have Microsoft INVESTIGATE

Hello,

I need to know how to report unauthorized access from unauthorized IPs from unauthorized geographical locations into my personal Microsoft Account to MICROSOFT and have Microsoft INVESTIGATE.

My Microsoft Account has been breached. This is NOT due to any failure on my part. This is a Microsoft security failure.

* I'm trying to find out how and where to submit a report to Microsoft and have Microsoft investigate. *

I DO NOT need additional information on things I can do to make my life more secure and miserable and make the criminal's life easier.

I DO NOT need: "How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure," "Keep your computer secure at home," "How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account," "Protect yourself from tech support scams," "Protect yourself from phishing," etc.

I DO NOT need their ilk or kin.

I DO NOT need help with my local desktop.

Why is there no "Category" listed for me to select Microsoft Account Security? You might be correct that my Category selection of Virus and Malware is incorrect. The correct option doesn't exist. I need help. I DO NOT need advice for what I already am aware of. Yes, I know, the Category is wrong which results in all the other dropdown selections being incorrect as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

MJL

It's better to consult your law enforcement and report it because you may have quicker results from them.

Unfortunately I can't think of any way to report it to MS, if you call the support agents (https://support.microsoft.com/contactus  ), perhaps they'll help you, or they'll start with all the basics you're aware of.

It's easy to ride down a hill while it's hard to climb the hill back up.
Like that, it's easy to malfunction a computer while it's hard to fix it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. I'm Brian and I will do my best to help you.

Do you use the same address and password on any other service besides Microsoft's services? If so, that's the likely source of any breach, not Microsoft. Visit https://www.haveibeenpwned.com/ and test your address and password to see if they were part of any known data breaches.

Log into https://account.live.com/activity/ to see if there are any unrecognized successful accesses. You should see a "This wasn't me" button next to them. If you do see any, change the password to something long, complex and unmemorable and use a password manager to keep track of it. Add two-factor authentication by way of an authenticator app - not SMS - and that should ensure no one other than you can get into your account.

Note that the web site I referenced isn't a Microsoft web site but it appears to contain accurate information and no potentially unwanted apps. It may, however, contain ads and use cookies, so be aware.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 687 Applies to: