I need to eject a mounted disk!

(I'm really bad with computers, so please bare with me)

I recently mounted some things with MagicDisk, but ever since I mounted them, my CD Drive thing has not worked, like I can't burn songs from iTunes, and no CDs that i put in will work. It's obviously because that stuff is mounted!

I even pressed "unmount all drives" but nothing worked, i tried to eject the "Removeable Disk F" which i think is my CD Drive, I'm not sure! but it told me that it was in use and that if i clicked continue, I might lose some information. I clicked continue but it still didn't work! The message came up agian.

I have no idea what to do :( I ask my friend and he said that maybe my CD Drive thing is broken. PLEASE HELP! I beg of you. Is there anyway I can get it to work again??

THANKS!

P.S. I deleted MagicDisc and all of the things it was mounting, (i think i got most/all of it) but it didn't help....

Okay, I saw you post on the "Fix It" thread, and I was wondering if what you said could also help me. I have a disk mounted but I don't know how to eject it, so technically it is kind of like having 2 CD's in at the same time, (when i put a real CD in) so i was wondering if what you said in that other thread would work.

Thanks so much :)

Here is my other thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/13607960-413f-4b1c-8d25-58f0ee6fdab4

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello No Skill,

There are several ways that you can try to work this out before concluding that the CD drive could have gone bad.

Your first step towards troubleshooting this issue would be to unmount any virtual discs that you have mounted recently.

·         Do you see any CD/DVD drives showing up in the Windows Explorer?

If 2 drives appear in the Windows Explorer, this means that the device is still mounted on your computer.

Here is a tutorial I found at the Magic ISO website that will show a demo on how to unmount the virtual disc:

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-unmount.htm

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Once you have the virtual disc unmounted from your computer, check if the CD drive is working normally.

If your CD/DVD drive still does not work on the computer, I suggest that you follow the below link and run the Fix-it. This will automatically diagnose and repair problems with your CD or DVD drive when trying to read or burn media:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Thanks,
Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya, (hopefully you will come back here and see what i posted)

Thanks for replying! :P Although I did everything you said, well I had already unmounted it, and checked and I only have 1 drive that appears. When I click  on it, it says that "this device is working properly" so i'm not sure ... I'm going to do the fixit thing right now and see if that works, and then i'll tell you. But as for now, it's still the same :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

:((( I ran the fixit and it said that the disk was not readable. I still think that it is because maybe that stuff is mounted, I'm not sure ... But i know for a fact that I unmounted the stuff (or at least told it to!) and there is only 1 drive running. No CDs are detected, because I think the mounted CD is blocking it.

Open for suggestions though!! :) Please help

THANKSSSS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi No Skill,

Please see the following link to an article with some troubleshooting steps, and a possible fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060#appliesto

I understand you've done the FixIt part, so please look under the Let Me Fix it Myself section, for further troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

Debra
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This didn't work. Cody, you marked this as the answer but it didn't work...

Still searching :s

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 5,710 Applies to: