i m use window xp sp3.how show bluetooth icon on the taskbar & control panel.driver is already istalled. help me.

i m use window xp sp3.how show bluetooth icon  on the taskbar & control panel.driver is already istalled. help me.

Answer
Answer

Hi amrikrangi,

Method 1: Check the steps listed below and see which one helps you:

Step 1: If the Bluetooth icon is not in the notification area, you can enable it by following this step:

a. Click Start, click Run, typebthprops.cpl, and then click  OK. To use the bthprops.cpl command, make sure that Windows XP SP3 supports your Bluetooth adapter and the Bluetooth adapter has been successfully installed on your Windows XP SP3-based computer. You will now get the Bluetooth Devices window.

b. Click the Options tab,put a tick in the box next to  Show Bluetooth icon in notification area.

Step 2: Alternatively you can try this step as well to enable Bluetooth icon in notification area.

You can also right click in the empty space in the taskbar and in the notification area you can press on customize. This will allow you to set each icon to hide if inactive or show if active.

Method 2: Here’s a post which addresses similar issue as yours. Check the link below which has potential steps to fix the issue.

Bluetooth not showing in Control Panel, anywhere...

Additionally refer the following article:

How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Note: The steps listed in the article are applicable to all Service Pack versions of Windows XP.

Regards,
Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2024 Views 9,130 Applies to: