I linked my windows 8 to my gmail account and sync email, contacts and calendars. contacts from my gmail appear in "people" , I search some do not show up in the search results.

I linked my windows 8  to my gmail account and sync email, contacts and calendars.

contacts from my gmail appear in my "people" but when I search for people, some do not show up in the search results. 

Some people do not show up in a search results when I search with the first name or the last name.
Some do show up when I search by first name but do not show up when I search by last name.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Windows and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with Contact pictures not loading properly in People App.

Perform steps from the link and check.

Reply to us if you face any issues with People App or any other Windows Issue, and I would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I followed the link instructions, my apps are both synced and up to date, but the issue is still not resolved.

The apps I have the issues with are native windows apps  “people” and “mail”

BTW, I also tried to un-link and then lined again my gmail account, but it did not solve the problem.

One of the contacts that does not appear in people search or when I writing emails is my wife, which appears in all of my address books gmail, linkedin, live. It actually does not even find me when I search by my last name...(search does find my when I search by my first name)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has this been resolved? I'm having this same problem - I just got the Surface yesterday and this is one of the frustrating issues I've notice thus far. Any guidance would be great!

thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I still have this problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same problem. 2step verification is not on for google... very frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 453 Applies to: