I keep getting an error at start up SecurityHealthSystray \\?\C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealth\1.0.2303.28002-0\SecurityHealthSSO.dll bad image

Hey, tried all the suggestions in this thread, still getting the error in the question. Can't access my security panel, tried uninstalling the latest updates, copying a DLL from my partner's windows machine (same OS/build everything) but powershell won't let me replace files in the System32 directory, even when running as administrator. Same issue on reboot.

Here's the output of my command prompt

```

C:\Windows\System32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.22621.1

Image Version: 10.0.22621.1555

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

```

Hi, Eahrend. I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, and I hope I can assist you to find a satisfactory solution.

Here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

Run the System File Checker (SFC) offline: You can try running the SFC scan from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to ensure a more thorough scan. Boot your computer from a Windows installation media, select your language preferences, and then click on "Repair your computer." Choose Troubleshoot > Command Prompt, and then run the sfc /scannow /offbootdir=<drive letter of Windows installation>:\ /offwindir=<drive letter of Windows installation>:\Windows command.

Perform a Windows Startup Repair: You can try using the Startup Repair feature in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to fix any startup-related issues. Follow the same steps as above to access WinRE, and then choose Troubleshoot > Startup Repair. Let the process complete and see if it resolves the issue.

Perform a System Restore: If you have a restore point created before the issue started occurring, you can try performing a System Restore. Boot your computer into WinRE, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore, and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to a previous working state.

Perform a Windows in-place upgrade: This process allows you to repair your existing Windows installation without losing your personal files and applications. You can download the Windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft website, create a bootable USB drive, and then run the setup.exe file from within your current Windows installation. Choose the "Upgrade this PC now" option and follow the instructions to perform the in-place upgrade.

Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Did all 3, still have the same issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you send the minidump files for analysis: c:\windows\minidump

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No such file exists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi eahrend,

You can copy the DLL (of the same version) from another computer. To prevent permission issues, use Windows Recovery Environment's Command Prompt to overwrite the DLL. Or, use the takeown.exe command line I posted in this thread.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh, Windows Shell MVP 2003-2012.
If this post resolves your issue, pls mark it as an Answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2024 Views 339 Applies to: