I have Word Perfect installed on this computer. I don't have Office installed.

II don't have Word installed on this computer.  I have Word Perfect 7 or 8 installed.   How do I get Word Perfect to take over where Word left off?

***Post moved by Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Where did Word leave off?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It was only good for one year.  It elapsed and I installed Word Perfect.  Microsoft doesn't recognize word perfect, it is set up for word, therefore word perfect doesn't exist.  Anyway that is my experience with Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll bet that Wordperfect can open .doc and .docx files, and edit them, and save them.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Word was only good for a year? Please be clearer and explain what you mean by "elapsed."  Exactly what happened when you tried to use it after that year?

What version of Microsoft Office was it? Was it Office 365, which you can't buy, but instead subscribe to it on an annual basis. If it was Office 365, and you didn't  pay for a second year, that's why it expired.

You say "Microsoft doesn't recognize word perfect, it is set up for word, therefore word perfect doesn't exist," but that can't be true.  I run WordPerfect here under Windows 10, and so does my wife on her computer, and it runs on both both our computers without  a problem.. Clearly not everyone agrees with me, but as far as I'm concerned WordPerfect is a better word processor than Microsoft Word.

As a matter of fact, I have both WordPerfect and Microsoft Word installed on my computer. There is no problem running both of them at the same time. See BulldogXX's reply to you; he says "I'll bet that Wordperfect can open .doc and .docx files, and edit them, and save them," and he would win his bet. WordPerfect can easily handle .doc and .docx files.

What version of WordPerfect did you install? You might have a problem if it's a very old version, but recent versions all run under Windows 10.

You say WordPerfect doesn't exist. Please clarify what that means. What makes you think it doesn't exist? Have you tried to run it? How did you try? What happens when you try? If you get an error message please quote it verbatim.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I meant that word perfect stands alone.  It isn't connected to Microsoft on  my computer.  Microsoft only recognizes  Word.  It automatically turns up Word.   I love word perfect.  It's my favorite.

Thanks for answering my e-mail.  I may not have it right on my computer.  I have to ask for it to come up, it's not automatically hooked up.  It's one of the newer disks.  I save my correspondence on "file."  My vocabulary is not as efficient as it used to be and I have forgotten some things after all I am 79 years old.  We loose some brain cells every year or so the saying goes.  I can vouch for it to be true.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 576 Applies to: