Follow the instructions HERE to create a Windows Xp Recovery Console disc.
1. Insert the Recovery Console disc into your CD drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted, select any options required to start (boot) from the CD.
2. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If you have not set a password for the admin account simply press enter
5. At the command prompt, type
copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\shlwapi.dll c:\windows\system32
press enter. (Note there is a space between the letter k and the forward slash).
6. You should receive a confirmation > type exit > press enter.
7. Restart your computer.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.