i have a few processes running on my pc that im not so sure should be there, should i remove these?

\WPYVQ (Not Verified) C:\ProgramData\filex32\WPYVQ.exe

uhssvc Microsoft Update Health Service: Maintains Update Health (Not Verified) Microsoft Corporation C:\Program Files\Microsoft Update Health Tools\uhssvc.exe

Thank you

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

It's important to exercise caution when it comes to removing processes from your PC, as some may be necessary for the proper functioning of your system or applications. Here's some information that may help you determine whether you should remove the processes you mentioned:

\WPYVQ (Not Verified) C:\ProgramData\filex32\WPYVQ.exe
Based on the name and location of the file, it's possible that this process is related to malware or potentially unwanted software. If you did not intentionally install this program, it's best to remove it from your PC to avoid any potential harm to your system. You can do this by running a virus scan with reputable antivirus software and then removing any threats that are detected.

uhssvc Microsoft Update Health Service: Maintains Update Health () Microsoft Corporation C:\Program Files\Microsoft Update Health Tools\uhssvc.exe

This process is related to the Microsoft Update Health Tools, which is used to help ensure that your PC is up to date with the latest security and quality updates. It's generally safe to leave this process running, as it's part of the Windows operating system and helps ensure the health and security of your PC. However, if you're experiencing issues with this process or suspect that it may be causing problems on your system, you can try disabling it temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

Overall, it's always a good idea to research any unfamiliar processes running on your PC before making any changes. You can usually find information online about what a process does and whether it's safe to remove or disable.

Regards

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

As for the first one, i have no idea where it came from, and no antivirus detected it so i am unable to delete that way

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can check the startup tab in Task manager for apps that is enabled there. Then disable all apps then restart the system. After the restart, check if the first process you mentioned is still running. If it is still running, it means it is an integral part of Microsoft.

For the 2nd process, it is a legitimate Microsoft file.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

one other question, possibly more than likely related to this, i understand that this issue is mostly regarding malware but i would like to fix it, Virtual Basic command line running at 50% CPU

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it appears ive fixed the issue by deleteding the first process mentioned above through autoruns, my cpu usage went from 60% to 12% after a restart.. YAY! maybe my cpu's idle temps wont be 80 degrees anymore..

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How did you remove the WPYVQ.exe? I tried opening it's file location. it's same with yours but when I open it, it does not have any files. When I went to C:\ProgramData\filex32\ filex32 folder is nowhere to be found.

PS. I already scanned it with Avast premium and Windows defender. They can't detect it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wanted to share a simple solution I found after hours of browsing on how to delete the WPYVQ.exe file that was causing my PC to overheat.

First, I went to 'This PC' and clicked on the three dots beside the menu bar.

From there, I selected 'Options' and in the 'View' section, I checked 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives' and unchecked 'Hide protected operating system files'.

This allowed me to see and delete the virus file directly when I went back to C:\ProgramData\filex32.

I hope this solution helps others who are struggling with the same problem.

Source: https://youtu.be/yaTkUak1jzw

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 921 Applies to: