I had bought Windows 11 Pro through Microsoft Store but after my SSD crash, I am being requested to pay again for it

My laptop SSD recently crashed and it had to be replaced. Prior to the crash, the laptop was running windows 11 pro which I had purchased through the Windows Store. After installing a new SSD, I downloaded windows 11 and installed it on the laptop. The version is "Windows 11 Home Single Language". When I tried to upgrade to my previously purchased Windows 11 Pro, I was asked to purchase it again even though I am logged in through my same Microsoft account that I used to purchase the Windows 11 Pro. As far as I understand, I should be able to reinstall the pro version without buying it again as my digital license should be linked to my Microsoft account.

Furthermore, I had a full functionality MS Office prior to the crash however, post SSD crash, I am being asked to renew my subscription as my subscription has expired.

Please help me resolve this issue asap.

|
Answer
Answer
Hi ,

I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

Initially change the version of your Windows 11 to the pro version by following the procedure below.

Disconnect from the internet then follow the procedure below

1. Press Windows flag key + R, type Slui 3 and click OK.

2. Paste the product key below and click Next.

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Note: This product key is a standard generic Windows 10 Pro key and is used to update previous versions to Windows 10 Pro, but it does not activate the product, only updates in this case. The aim is to make the system activated automatically.

3. You need to restart for the update to be successful.

If the above method doesn't work, try changing your product key:

Start menu > Settings > System > Activation and change the product key by entering the key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.

After changing Activate using the hardware change method.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rea... 6ead-fb3fc72b6665

Credits.: https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/for...

Hope this helps.

If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Yours sincerely,
Ivan Carlos.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi ,

Right, you have to open cmd, enter the command: slmgr /upk and restart the computer.

After that, open settings, go to the Activation tab and select troubleshooting and enter your Microsoft account.

Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Yours sincerely,
Ivan Carlos.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 38 Applies to: