I get an error "Adobe Photoshop has stopped working" whenever I start a program.

I am having problems with using Adobe Photoshop. Everytime I try to start the program I get an error message from windows stating "Adobe Photoshop has stopped working" then gives me the option to close the program. I've tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling and restoring my computer to an earlier date. What can I do now? I'm using Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. Please Help!

Original title:Windows Error when starting Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended

What did Adobe support say when you contacted them or posted in their forums?

144 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What did Adobe support say when you contacted them or posted in their forums?
We re-installed the program after using a driver cleaner they had me download but that didn't help. I think it is a windows problem because my office programs are starting to do the same thing. Right  now I'm preparing to re-install windows because I want to upgrade to the 64 bit version also but if I can fix it without going through the trouble of transferring everything off my computer then that would be great. Plus I don't want to have to re-install windows every time this happens so I would like to find a solution to the problem. Another question, my computer is only saving the latest restore point and I don't know how to change that. Do you know where to go to change that? 

Thanks, 

Dave

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi davesphoto,

Method 1-

Step 1-

You need check if the issue persists in Safe Mode as well.
To log on to Safe Mode, you need to follow the steps from the article-

Start your computer in Safe Mode.

Note: Make sure you log back into Normal Mode after performing all the troubleshooting steps.

If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, then proceed to Step 2.

Step 2-

I would recommend you to perform Clean Boot.
Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Note: You need to follow Step 7 from the article to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the troubleshooting steps.

Method 2-

Try logging into a different user account. Check if the issue persists over there. If yes, then refer the article-

Create a user account

Fix a corrupted user profile

Hope this helps!!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having problems with using Adobe Photoshop. Everytime I try to start the program I get an error message from windows stating "Adobe Photoshop has stopped working" then gives me the option to close the program. I've tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling and restoring my computer to an earlier date. What can I do now? I'm using Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. Please Help!

Original title:Windows Error when starting Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2023 Views 23,471 Applies to: