I get a prompt to install Strongvault online backup through Norton Utilities.

Strongvault software always tries to install "Strongvault online backup" whenever I try to open Norton Utilities 15. I have to click Cancel several times to stop the strongvault installation attempts. I want to get rid of this annoyance. I have tried Microsoft fixit without success. Please help. I am running Windows 7, 32 bit.

Original title : Strongvault attempts to install on my computer

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2019 Views 990 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

http://strongvaultfree.com/pages/uninstall

I suddenly found this "strongvault" program on my computer after installing "VLC Media Player".  It has caused havoc.  I now have error messages when I am trying to open important programs for mmy business.  It has also caused a fatal error and has stopped "SOS messaging from working.  Anybody know what I can do about this.  Why don't the people at "Strongvault" or Stronghold, or whoever they are have a large box asking whether you want to install their program before allowing it to just try to commandeer your system??? Some programs now tell me the data cannot be found and has been moved to a different location.  I believe this may have legal ramifications, since the moved information is propriety and confidential... I need immediate help before I contact the legal channels for this mess.  I hope the folks at microsoft can help!

We do not do anything that would cause files from other programs to be moved or deleted. It sounds as though the messages you are seeing are referring to the Strongvault uninstaller not being found, which is part of the Windows installer glitch others have reported in this thread. Use Microsoft's FixIt app first to try and resolve the problem:

If that doesn't work, user our installer from the following link to complete the uninstall:

Depending on the state of your system, when you run it you will either get the option to uninstall or it will reinstall. If the latter, run it again after the reinstall is complete and you will get the uninstall option. Either way, make sure you do not right-click anywhere during the uninstall!

If you are still having problems after trying both of these, please contact me directly at craig[at]stronghold.com with as many details as possible on what you are experiencing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.