I CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on my Genuine Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info about my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of my main user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number.  Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify the identity of my Windows account.

FYI guys, I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on my laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

Did you get this license with the current laptop? Windows 10 licenses are tied to the PC you enable them on first. If the motherboard has been replaced, then you will need to contact the Microsoft Activation line by phone to re-activate. You should get a link to this when you are having issues activating

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you get this license with the current laptop? Windows 10 licenses are tied to the PC you enable them on first. If the motherboard has been replaced, then you will need to contact the Microsoft Activation line by phone to re-activate. You should get a link to this when you are having issues activating

Thanks for the reply. My Windows 10's Activation works just fine. It is activated. I don't have any issues with the Activation process.

My issue is just with the verify identify procedure on one of my user accounts on the same laptop. I can verify my identity in Administrator account on my Windows 10:

but I can't do it in my user account (Adera) on the same laptop:

It is very weird.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has it sent an email to your Hotmail account to confirm?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has it sent an email to your Hotmail account to confirm?

Mobyd33 ...
unfortunately, there are absolutely no new emails coming in my Inbox from Microsoft...

Is there an option or any tricks to disconnect the email that related to my Windows user account then change it with new Microsoft email? Or maybe just a trick to disconnect then reconnect the same email from my Windows user account? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi there:

First: When you created a user account, did you create it with a local account or did you directly created it with your MS account?

Second: You can try to switch back to the local account if you created the user account with the local account first.

Third: Worse case is to create a new user account (local user account).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi there:

First: When you created a user account, did you create it with a local account or did you directly created it with your MS account?

Second: You can try to switch back to the local account if you created the user account with the local account first.

Third: Worse case is to create a new user account (local user account).

First: I created this Windows user account with my online MS account. The account successfully verified long time ago, but it aska to be verified again lately. Unfortunately I lost my cellphone. So I update my latest mobile number to the security info into my Microsoft account. But no luck there is no option for my latest mobile number when I try to verify this account.

Second: I can't sign in with local account instead, because I forgot the current password. But I can login to this Windows user account with auto logon via Netplwiz that I did set long time ago.

Third: I create (activate) my Administrator account, then succesfully verify it with online MS account. It works fine.

Maybe it takes a day or more for the Microsoft account's new security info to sync to my PC? Then I had to wait I guess... 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2023 Views 9,106 Applies to: