I can't install Windows 11 - Not enough Partition space and this error: 0x80070643

Good Morning,

I have tried to download Windows 11 on my brand new Lenovo computer. I am running into this error: 0x80070643

I've already tried to run these commands: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf

I am getting to the shrink part and not able to shrink the partition. I have 100 mb on the shrink. I need to update this system asap. Can you help?

|
Hi ,

Try updating using the ISO method

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2156295

Select Download tool now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.

If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.

On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.

The application will automatically identify the correct version of windows 11 for your system, from Next.

Select which media you want to use ISO file. Save an ISO file to your PC

Wait for the application to perform the iso download and after finishing the download it will close automatically.
After downloading, find the Windows 11 ISO file on your PC, right-click and select “Mount”. If the option is not available, select “Open With” and “Windows Explorer”

1. Run the “Setup” application, present inside the Windows 11 ISO, to start the installation on the PC.

2. With the ISO files folder open, click on the “Setup” executable to continue installing Windows 11.

3. After that, a Get Important Updates window will appear along with the two options Select: Not now

4. Uncheck the box I want to help improve your Windows installation to skip sending unknown data to Microsoft about the installation process Next

5. After that, a License Terms window will pop up, here you have to click on the Accept button.

6.Now another “Choose what to keep” window or “Ready to install” window will pop up.
At this point, you need to change some settings. Click the “Change what to keep” link

7. You can now see the “Choose what to keep” window along with the three options given below:
Select Keep My files and Programs.

Then click on the Next button.
Finally, the Ready to Install window will appear along with the Install button.

In this step, you have to click on the Install button to start reinstalling Windows 11. During this process, your computer or laptop may restart sometimes.

And just wait for the clean and fully automatic installation procedure.

Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Yours sincerely,
Ivan Carlos.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 28 Applies to: