I can't install Windows 11 in my SSD, can't even delete or format partitions on the SSD or re-initialize it!

My PC (ASUS VIVOBOOK S15 S530UF) was running in Windows 11. As upgradation of my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11 made my PC somewhat slower, I decided to buy an SSD. According to my plan I installed a new m.2 SATAIII 256 GB internal SSD in my PC a few days ago. I initialized it to an MBR disk and then converted it to a GPT disk. Then I made 2 new volumes in it and started to install Windows 11 in one of the volumes in the SSD from a bootable Flash Drive. In the mid-way of the installation process my PC couldn't read data from the SSD (a message appeared about an unspecified error). Then my PC started to show multiple notifications that the SSD was going to fail soon and finally I couldn't install new Windows 11 in it. Then I was compelled to reinstall Windows 10 in my previous HDD. Now my PC is running well but the SSD is behaving abnormally. My OS is saying that the SSD is at risk (SMART event)! I can't even delete or format partitions on the SSD or re-initialize it! Every time an error message appears saying that the volumes on the disk are corrupted! How can I solve the problem and make the SSD useable?

Device specifications:

Processor Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mohammad,
I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

You were sold a defective disk very likely. Apply for a replacement as soon as possible.

Please download and run HDTune Trial or HD Tune Free.

http://www.hdtune.com/

Select the Disk where OS is installed.

Make screenshots of the following
the health.
the error scan.
the benchmark.
Post back the screenshots.

Disclaimer:
There are links to non-Microsoft websites which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the websites which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks a bunch Mr. Sumit. I have already done according to your advice and took the screenshots. I'm posting the screenshots here. Please tell me what to do next.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Hasan. It looks like the controller on the chip is defective that is preventing writing on the disk, hence you have issues. Have you contacted the seller regarding this? This surely is a disk issue.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Sumit for your valuable opinions and suggestions. At first, I tried myself to solve the problem. If it is surely the Disk issue then I am going to visit their service center soon.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are welcome and Good luck!
Sumit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2023 Views 939 Applies to: