I can't get past the "Computer" login in screen.

I can't get past the "Computer" login screen.  I have tried every password I can think of or written down to no avail.  I DO NOT NEED MY MICROSOFT PASSWORD RESET AGAIN> That I already did based on other conversations on this forum.  I can't get a control prompt, or into Windows until I get past the initial screen on my computer !!  HELP SOMEONE !!

Hi Nancy,

The reason why you can't get past your login screen might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to a recent change made on your PC that might possibly resulted to system file corruption.

That being said, what were the recent changes made before you experienced this?

Have you tried performing a System Restore? This option will take your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a System Restore Point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won't affect your personal files, but will remove the apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. Here's how to restore from an early restore point from the login screen:

1. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Restart from the Power button in the login screen.
  2. Click Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.
  3. Choose Advanced options from the Troubleshoot screen.
  4. Click System Restore.

Note: If you're not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn't turned ON.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 2,571 Applies to: