I can't connect to my microsoft account in settings

Hi there,

I have a problem with connecting to my Microsoft account within setting and accounts page of Windows. When i attempt to connect it just flashes up briefly with a popup, almost like CMD then disappears doing nothing. Also I have tried to see if it is a problem with my used so I tried to make a new local account but I can't as I cannot connect to Microsoft Family. I had it working fine previously on my current user account, but disabled it due to feeling like it was taking over everything and not liking always being connected the internet, but now I just want to play Forza and it won't let me. Thanks in advance. Also I was originally on Win 8.1 but upgraded to Win 10 from that.

Answer
Answer

In this case, let's the using the Services Snap-in and see if it would help resolve the issue. To do so:

1. Press Windows logo + R and put services.msc in Run dialog box. Click OK to open Services.
  2. In the Service window, look for the Microsoft Account Sign-In Assistant service and double click on it.
  3. In the Properties window for Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service, at General tab, set the Startup type to Automatic or Manual. If the service status is Stopped in your case, click Start button there. Click Apply followed by OK.
  4. Close the Services window and reboot the device then check if the issue is resolved.

Kindly update this thread with the results

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 7,624 Applies to: