I cannot open Windows Settings through any shortcut methods

I cannot use any of these shortcuts Display Settings through either Desktop>Right Click>Personalize, Network & Internet settings or by using Notifications in Action Center it suddenly pops up a cmd window and closes itself within a sec.

Using settings through start menu would work...

Tried ending Explorer and opening again... It does ur didnt work after i restarted the process.

Hello ,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with windows settings not working. Did you made any changes recently? When was the last time it was working properly?
What is your current Windows operating system and version? Press Windows key+R to open Run then type: winver

Kindly try the suggested methods below.

**Open Start menu then right click the Settings gear icon
Select More > App settings
Click Terminate then Reset
Restart your PC

**Re-register Settings app and built-in apps via Powershell
Windows key+X then select Windows Powershell (Admin)
copy paste the commands below one at a time then press Enter. Please ignore the red errors and let the process complete.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your Computer

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new local administrator account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John,

Thank you for replying. I tried exactly as you mentioned in the above solution. But It didn't work for me.

I don't know if this is helpful. But I just found out that by trying continuously I was able to see some text appearing in the cmd window in which flashes away. It showed an error message as follows:

ERROR: Access is denied

It was very too fast. Therefore, I failed to grab a screenshot

Do you think there is a fix?

Btw I am sorry for replying this late. I saw that you asked for my PC Details. I hope these screenshots will do the job

Windows is Activated

Windows 11 Home Single Language | 22H2 | i7-12700H | 4.7 GHz | 16 GB | NVIDIA RTX 3050 | 1TB NvMe

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2021 Views 33 Applies to: