I am trying to install Realtek Audio Drivers however I get the error message: install realtek hd audio driver failure error code -0001

In Device manager-Sound, Video and Game controllers I only have Nvidia Audio drivers and something called High Definition Audio Device. I would like to install Realtek High Definition Audio, because my microphone only records static, however I get the error code and can't install the drivers. 
|
Hello TeoField-Marsham, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Luiz Cruz, an independent consultant from Microsoft and I would be happy to help you.

I understand that you are not able to install the Realtek Hd audio driver, to be assertive in your problem I need you to tell us which edition and compilation of windows you are currently using?

I recommend that you uninstall your audio driver through Device Manager, after that install the latest drivers for your Nvidia video card, and then restart your computer.

If the problem persists, post here again to help you, I hope I helped, even more!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572). In my Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers I have 3 things: High Definition Audio Device, Nvidia High Definition Audio and Nvidia Virtual Audio Device.

I would like to have the Realtek High Definition Audio, however when I try to download it I get the error code: install realtek hd audio driver failure error code -0001. 

Is there a point in reinstalling the Nvidia drivers??

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear TeoField-Marsham, I suggest you uninstall all audio drivers listed in the device manager (audio only), after that reinstall Nvidia drivers, follow the link:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Make a clean installation of the drivers and then restart your computer, windows update will install the audio driver automatically when you click "check for new updates!
Hope this helps!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2021 Views 7,633 Applies to: