I am getting a bluescreen every time I exit from yahoo messenger

original title: BLUESCREEN WINDOWS 7

I am getting a bluescreen every time I exit from yahoo messenger. What could be the problem ? I have tried re-installing yahoo messenger but still the problem exist.......What should i do? Plz guide

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2018 Views 219 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

The minidump file showed a PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES (76) stop error but the driver that caused the crash was not apparent.

Here is some general info on the error:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559194.aspx

What I would suggest is to turn on the Driver Verifier pool tracking option to try to identify the problematic driver, which does the same as the registry edit described in the above link  (create a System Restore Point beforehand):

Start > type verifier in the Search programs and files box and press "Enter" > select Create custom settings (for code developers) > Next > Select individual settings from a full list > Next > select Pool tracking > Next > Select driver names from a list > then select all non-Microsoft drivers > Finish

Restart the computer.

Continue to use the computer normally but if you experience any BSODs make available the minidump files.

If after enabling the Driver Verifier and restarting the computer you receive a BSOD on startup and cannot start Windows, restart the computer in "Safe Mode" and do the following:

Start > type verifier in the Search programs and files box and press "Enter" > Delete existing settings > Finish

Restart the computer, log into Normal Mode, and make available any resulting minidump file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.