I am connected to the internet but it wont let me go on any webpages.

Original title: For some reaosn my webpage keeps saying it cant connect.

When i start up my computer it will be fine connecting to the internet, but after around an hour or so itll say webpage isnt available. It says i am connected to the internet but it wont let me go on any webpages. My iPhone connection is working fine, and my sisters are not having a problem.

I have a windows 8 operating system. Might that be the problem?

Please Help!
Answer
Answer

Hi Haaris,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

The issue could be caused if are any third-party add-ons which might be interfering with the web browser or any third party software conflicting with your computer.

I would really appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. Which web browser are you using on your computer?

2. Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

If you’re successfully connected to the Internet but cannot view any WebPages in Internet Explorer, use one of the following troubleshooting procedures, as appropriate for your operating system from the link:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error in Internet Explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Note: When you perform a system restore to a previous state, the programs and updates installed thereafter will be removed.

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please follow “How to reset the computer to start as usual” from the above article.

Let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, please post back. We will be glad to help you.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 17,439 Applies to: