Hulu Desktop

Everytime I try and open Hulu it come up and says unable to check for updates please restart the application. Get this message everytime. Tried troubleshooting did not fix it. Tried to run as adminstrator did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Please try these steps and check after each step. If these don't work, let me know. I will provide further troubleshooting steps.

1. If you are able to open MS Store, open MS Store > Click on your profile picture on top right and sign-out. Then sign-in again.

2. Try to reset the app
Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click this App > Advanced options > Reset

3. Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click this App > Uninstall.

Reinstall from Microsoft Store

4. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

5. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

6. Re-register All Store apps (You will get many Reds, ignore them)
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

7. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, you may want to try to reset the Hulu app itself. To do this, first go into Windows Settings, then navigate to Apps & Features. Now, scroll down until you find Hulu, then click on it and select "Advanced Options". You will see a button that says repair. Click on it, after that, click on Reset. Now restart your computer and see if this does anything.
Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not have the option of advanced options or repair. It only allows me to uninstall it does say modify but that is greyed out. This came when I u[graded to windows 10 I wonder if the trial period is over so not it doesn't work so I have to uninstall and download to force me to buy it or something

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, i suggest for you to do an uninstall of the app and do a full re-install. Since Hulu makes you connected to an account, just logging into Hulu will allow you to keep the subscription that you currently have, so you do not have to worry about re purchasing the subscription.
Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 705 Applies to: