HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331 update doesn't install.

Hello there,

"HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331" is an update that is really annoying me. It has always been there since the day I got my laptop. (Its been over a year)

At first, whenever I would check for windows update, this update would pop up every time, and would install and go away. Every time. This happened every single time I checked for an update.

Yesterday, I checked for an update, and sure enough, this update popped up. But instead of installing and going away, it gave me an install error. And no matter how many times I retry to install it, it doesn't install and keeps on giving me an install error.

I cant even check for updates now, unless this thing is installed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

|
Answer
Answer
Hello Roshaan,

Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Note: It is always recommended to download and install drivers from the manufacturer's Support page. If you're not experiencing any hardware issues, there's no need to install this driver update.

Please try using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the driver updates. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try hiding the driver updates that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 24,107 Applies to: