HP Truevision HD camera update

Hello, 

The camera on my HP Pavilion 15 notebook is not working.

Actually, the problem is that whenever I open the camera app, it shows a black screen and when I click the capture button, I get an error message. I am uploading the screenshot of the same.

I tried every solution available on the internet.

1. I tried disabling and enabling my camera in device manager and restarting. (The status in the property is "The device is working properly")

2. I updated my Intel HD Graphics.

3. I updated my windows (Currently I am running Win 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.195)

4. I used all the third-party apps such as Skype, facebook video chat, etc; same problem.

5. I checked HP website for the camera driver update but there is no such thing as camera driver. Instead, they provide Cyberlink youcam software which doesn't work either. Error message keeps displaying or the software hangs.

6. My BIOS is running the latest version updated from the HP website.

7. I deleted the camera storage folder on my computer (suggested by some people on the web) but no use.

8. I tried updating my camera app on the device manager but it says "the best drivers for you are already installed". 

9. I tried some other methods which I can't even remember.

I like to think this problem started after the April update of Win 10. Because prior to the update my camera worked really well. It also worked very well on windows 8.1. Somewhere in between August after an update, the camera started working for a while but again after 2-3 days, it started displaying a black screen.

I think the basic problem behind all this problem is the software update. As the webcam is manufactured by Microsoft, HP is not willing to provide software update and Microsoft is not providing any new update separately for the particular webcam.

I please request Microsoft to look into the matter and at least provide a software update or a genuine solution to this problem. Because I have searched the web and I am not the only one who is facing the problem. There are many others like me waiting for a genuine solution to this problem.

I don't even know where to contact Microsoft. This webpage is my best bet.

Thank you. Anyone who is listening, Please help. Because even for a Skype call, I am unable to use my laptop. Please.

(And please don't provide the solutions already mentioned, please provide some genuine solutions and updates)

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be possible due to the drivers available for the computer are not compatible with the latest version of Windows.

We need more information about the device.

Please provide the screenshot for the HP Truevision HD Properties>Details Tab.

We await your response.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same issue, HP TrueVision camera does not show up in Skype. Shows up fine in Windows Camera App. 

Here is the Hardware ids:

USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2C9B&REV_0005&MI_00
USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2C9B&MI_00

driver version:

it is unreasonable to ask for screenshots of the details tab since there are 60 different properties to inspect inside that tab. Which property do you need ? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this the screenshot you required? If you need any other screenshot, please ask, I will provide you the same. Thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Heyy Mr. Rohit, 

I hope you are working on providing a solution/software update soon. Please respond if there is any update regarding the solution.

Also, please confirm if it is worth waiting for a solution or simply there is no solution. 

Please update about escalation also.

Please, Mr. R, you are our only hope. 

Microsoft, please do something. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft nor HP are doing **** all about the problem with the Truevision webcams. HP drops in like if it were the plague and Microsoft is no better!!!!

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 6,410 Applies to: