HP network printer feeds a blank page between each printed page

My HP network printer feeds a blank page between each printed page when I print from my laptop running Vista.  Printer does not feed blank pages from another laptop using XP.

Would so appreciate suggestions.  Thanks and Happy New Year.
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Sounds like the separator page function is enabled. On the affected system, go to the Control Panel/Printers, locate the network printer. Right click it, choose properties and on the advanced tab there should be a button for a separator page. You want to make sure this function is disabled.
Best of Luck, Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks but that was one of the first things I did.  What actually worked was to go to Printers folder, right click and open as Administrator, open Properties, open Advanced, then open "New Driver".  Search for "Hewlett Packard" (NOT use the abbreviation HP) and download the closest driver to my printer.  The printer now only prints what I've asked with no extra sheets fed inbetween each printed page.  Yippee!!!  Finally.

I spent Hours on the Internet researching HP's knowledge base, Microsoft's knowledge base.  The answer was hinted at in the HP Update for my printer, of all things!  When I read one of the updates was "PC to Printer Communication Issue."  Sounded like yet another phrase to search for an answer but it was worth One More Try.  It worked.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/bd-p/Software  It was under HP's Support Forum.  So it WAS there!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 18,582 Applies to: