How to uninstall pirated Windows 7 and replace with genuine Windows 7

Hi, 
I bought a computer off of some guy, didn't realize that the Windows 7 Ultimate was pirated until I got home ...
Recently my laptop died and it had Windows 7 Home Premium on it, I still have the hard drive with all the files and the product key. 
Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to remove the pirated copy of Windows 7 and install the Windows 7 from my laptop? There's nothing really important on the new computer so no need to back up, I just need a way to remove the pirated stuff and put my genuine copy on. I think the new computer was originally Windows Xp. 
Thanks so much, please reply fast!

If Windows 7 came preinstalled on the laptop you won't be able to use it on another computer.

OEM versions of Windows live and die with the computer they were first installed to.

To install Windows 7, boot from the Windows installation disk if you have one and follow the prompts.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I can still use the product key from the laptop to activate Windows 7 if I manage to find a way to install it right? 
If I re-install Windows 7 will it delete all of my program files or just the old copy of Windows 7 .. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can still use the product key from the laptop to activate Windows 7 if I manage to find a way to install it right?

No you can't. The key is tied to the laptop.

If I re-install Windows 7 will it delete all of my program files or just the old copy of Windows 7 ..

The only way to avoid reinstalling Windows and all your programs would be to purchase a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and change the activation key.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 
I bought a computer off of some guy, didn't realize that the Windows 7 Ultimate was pirated until I got home ...
Recently my laptop died and it had Windows 7 Home Premium on it, I still have the hard drive with all the files and the product key. 
Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to remove the pirated copy of Windows 7 and install the Windows 7 from my laptop? There's nothing really important on the new computer so no need to back up, I just need a way to remove the pirated stuff and put my genuine copy on. I think the new computer was originally Windows Xp. 
Thanks so much, please reply fast!

You need to invest in a new copy of Windows for your computer. You can't use the existing copy from another computer, especially if its in use or came preloaded on that computer.

Where can I still get Windows 7?

Full version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Full version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Full version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Upgrade version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade

Upgrade version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade

Upgrade version -

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Family Pack:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack (3-User)

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, I installed Windows 7 from the internet, typed in the product key from 
my laptop, and it worked like a charm, so thanks but no thanks!

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 12,928 Applies to: