How to turn OFF Pause Updates in Windows 11?

I don't want to pause my updates, but there is no option to turn off the Pause. When I click on the dropdown, there's only options for how long you want to pause the updates, 1-5 weeks. There is no option for "none", etc. The pause button itself is not clickable, as to toggle it on or off. I also went into the advanced options, and I don't noticeably see a way to turn them off. Is this a bug? Surely I'm not being forced to pause my updates. There must be an auto-update option I'm missing.

I'm getting tired of having to run manual update checks every few days. I'm hoping someone might know the solution. Thank you .

Hi Brandy,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Your screenshot indicates your updates are not paused and your version of Windows is fully up to date, where are you seeing that your updates are paused?

If your updates were paused, you would see what I have shown below:

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When updates are paused, you'll have the Resume updates button as shown in below screenshot. If you can't see it, then updates are not paused. You can keep checking for latest updates and they'll be detected, installed when available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP, since 2016 · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

86 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 18,885 Applies to: